If you’re an athlete in Aurora, CO looking for a sports massage therapist, you may be wondering if your therapist needs to be licensed. The answer to this question is a bit complicated, as there are no specific statewide licensing requirements for massage therapists in Colorado. However, this doesn’t mean that anyone can just hang up a shingle and start giving massages without any training, as a lot of counties and cities have their general licensing requirements that a therapist needs to meet. So, what does that mean? Let’s take a look at the licensing requirements for a sports massage therapist in Aurora, CO.
How Can Someone Be a Licensed Sports Massage Therapist in Aurora Co?
There are a few different things that you need to do in order to become a licensed sports massage therapist in Aurora, CO. The first is to complete an accredited massage therapy program. These programs can last from 300 to 1,000 hours of in-class instruction and practical training, depending on the program that you choose. But license applicants in Colorado must complete at least 500 hours of an accredited massage therapy program.
Once you have completed a massage therapy program, you will need to pass the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEX). This is a national exam that tests your knowledge of massage therapy and ensures that you are competent in the field. It is important to note that MBLEX is not required in all states, but it is a good idea to take it anyway as it will give you an edge when applying for jobs.
After you have completed your education and passed the MBLEX, you will need to apply for a license from the county or city in which you plan to practice. Each state or locality has different requirements for licensure, so it is important to check with your local government to see what is required.
Generally speaking, though, you will need to submit an application, pay a fee, and provide proof that you have completed an accredited massage therapy program and passed the MBLEX.
In Aurora, CO, you will also need to submit fingerprint cards as part of your application for a massage therapy license. These cards will be used to conduct a background check, which is required by the city.
Once you have met all of the requirements and been licensed, then a person can legally work as a sports massage therapist in Aurora, CO!
How Can You Find the Best Sports Massage Therapist in Aurora Co for Your Needs?
When looking for the best sports massage therapist in Aurora Co, it is important to consider your specific needs. Each individual has different goals when seeking out a sports massage therapist, so you must find one who can cater to your specific goals. Here are a few factors to keep in mind when searching for the best sports massage therapist in Aurora Co for your needs:
- The first factor to consider is what type of sports massage therapy you are looking for. There are many different types of sports massage, so you must find a therapist who offers the specific type of massage that you are looking for.
- It is also important to consider the experience of the sports massage therapist. You want to find a therapist who has extensive experience working with athletes so that you can be confident that they will know how to properly address your specific needs.
- Another important factor to consider is the location of the sports massage therapist. You want to find a therapist who is conveniently located so that you can easily get to your appointments. You should also consider the price of sports massage therapy when searching for a therapist.
- Sports massage therapy can be expensive, so you want to find a therapist who charges a fair price for their services. The best way to find a fair price is to get quotes from multiple therapists and compare their prices.
- Finally, you want to make sure that you find a sports massage therapist who is certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB). This certification shows that the therapist has met high standards in the field of massage therapy and is qualified to provide quality services.
These are just a few of the factors to keep in mind when searching for the best sports massage therapist in Aurora Co for your needs. By considering these factors, you can be sure that you find a therapist who will meet your specific goals and needs.
While there are many different types of massage therapists, only those who are licensed by the state in which they practice can legally work as sports massage therapists. With the proper education and licensure, a person can work as a sports massage therapist in Aurora, CO.
Now that you have a better understanding of what is required to work as a sports massage therapist in Aurora, CO, you can begin your search for the best therapist for your needs. Once you’ve seen the license, credentials, and certificates of a potential therapist, you can be sure that they are qualified to provide quality services. You can then book an appointment and experience the benefits of sports massage therapy for yourself!